Over the weekend I watched A Little Bit of Heaven and I was strangely inspired by lead character Marley (played by Kate Hudson). The song lyrics above are from Laura Izibor " Shine," the first time I heard the song I was inspired, but, over the weekend, I felt even more empowered by the words. It's not just the song but movie itself was really empowering and inspiring. Marley Corbett (Kate Hudson) is young, beautiful, and wildly funny, but she’s afraid of opening herself up to true love and commitment. Though she uses her humor to prevent matters from getting serious, a life-changing visit to her doctor (Gael Garcia Bernal) sends both of them on an eye-opening adventure of mutual discovery, leading to revelations neither thought possible. It's a comedy about a guarded woman who finds out she's dying of cancer, but when she meets her match, the threat of falling in love is scarier than death. This movie made me think about two important things:
- My fears, I mean we all have them just sometimes we are too week to admit and confront them. Fear for me is opposite of Happiness and being happy. Simple. You can't be happy by being afraid of something. We often fear situations that are in no way life-or-death, and thus hang back for no good reason. Where that comes from? What I really know is that fears are educated into us, and can, if we wish, be educated out. The only thing we have to fear is fear it'self - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified, terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. I realize that we should only be afraid from ourselves.
- Life is too short, for real! - I mean we plan, but we don't know what will happen with us tomorrow. In lass then too week I realize how life short can be. First time, in this two weeks was when I was socked by bus accident in Kenya, and fellow AIESECer died. Second time watching this movie, our time is limited and we should do the thing which we love and follow our dreams, there is no second live and there is no extra time. Then, comes the question "Why we spend our lives on doing the things we don't like?" .... Then I found Steve Jobs' Stanford Commencement... connect Steve's dots speech..... :"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."
Laura Izibor - Shine
Wake up one morning you realize
Your life is one big compromise (compromise)
Stuck in the job you swore was only temporary (was only temporary)
Feel like the world is passing you by (do do do do do)
Never done all the things you would need to try
Stuck in one place, got a pain in your face from all your stressin’ out (all your stressin’ out)x2
You ask yourself there’s got to be more than what I’m living for (what I’m living for) x2
You ask yourself there’s got to be something else, something more, more, more
Well let the sun shine on your face
And don’t let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Feel like there’s nothing nowhere to go
You try and fight but you can’t let go
Roll the pain, got so much to gain
Now is the time
You ask yourself there’s got to be something else, something more, more, more
Well let the sun shine on your face
And don’t let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
You ask yourself there’s got to be more than what I’m living for (what I’m living for) x2
You ask yourself there’s got to be something else, something more, more, more
Well let the sun shine on your face
And don’t let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Well let the sun shine on your face
And don’t let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Well let the sun shine on your face
And don’t let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=equvoqUT1VM&ob=av2e
- My fears, I mean we all have them just sometimes we are too week to admit and confront them. Fear for me is opposite of Happiness and being happy. Simple. You can't be happy by being afraid of something. We often fear situations that are in no way life-or-death, and thus hang back for no good reason. Where that comes from? What I really know is that fears are educated into us, and can, if we wish, be educated out. The only thing we have to fear is fear it'self - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified, terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. I realize that we should only be afraid from ourselves.
- Life is too short, for real! - I mean we plan, but we don't know what will happen with us tomorrow. In lass then too week I realize how life short can be. First time, in this two weeks was when I was socked by bus accident in Kenya, and fellow AIESECer died. Second time watching this movie, our time is limited and we should do the thing which we love and follow our dreams, there is no second live and there is no extra time. Then, comes the question "Why we spend our lives on doing the things we don't like?" .... Then I found Steve Jobs' Stanford Commencement... connect Steve's dots speech..... :"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."
Laura Izibor - Shine
Wake up one morning you realize
Your life is one big compromise (compromise)
Stuck in the job you swore was only temporary (was only temporary)
Feel like the world is passing you by (do do do do do)
Never done all the things you would need to try
Stuck in one place, got a pain in your face from all your stressin’ out (all your stressin’ out)x2
You ask yourself there’s got to be more than what I’m living for (what I’m living for) x2
You ask yourself there’s got to be something else, something more, more, more
Well let the sun shine on your face
And don’t let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Feel like there’s nothing nowhere to go
You try and fight but you can’t let go
Roll the pain, got so much to gain
Now is the time
You ask yourself there’s got to be something else, something more, more, more
Well let the sun shine on your face
And don’t let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
You ask yourself there’s got to be more than what I’m living for (what I’m living for) x2
You ask yourself there’s got to be something else, something more, more, more
Well let the sun shine on your face
And don’t let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Well let the sun shine on your face
And don’t let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Well let the sun shine on your face
And don’t let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=equvoqUT1VM&ob=av2e




0 comments:
Post a Comment